About the client
ShareCompany is a Dutch company that designs, develops, implements, and hosts financial data solutions that draw data from world-renowned vendors. Our client’s customer portfolio includes banks, brokerage firms, asset management companies, insurance companies, and media holdings.
ShareCompany came with the challenge
To secure their market position and deliver new products and features faster, our client needed to increase their development capabilities. Intellias took over all of the frontend and part of the backend development tasks for their financial data management system (DMS). Hosted by our client, this system provides banks and financial institutions with access to real-time stock quotes, market information, and financial news from a multisource database via a secure RESTful API. The database content is supplied by some of the world’s key financial data vendors – FactSet, Lipper, IDC, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Radobank.
Intellias developed the solution
Intellias developed a top-notch data management system that helps financial institutions receive real-time stock quotes, market data, and company news from a multisource database via a secure RESTful API. It also lets customers securely store their own proprietary data with the option to verify its completeness and accuracy. This DMS solution currently processes 400,000 records per second, though our client’s ambition is to increase that number to one million.
Our financial data management system received:
- Organized and optimized data flows, minimized manual intervention, and increased data processing capabilities
- Guaranteed data integrity
- Managed data flows in the front, middle, and back offices
- Seamless interconnection of data management, data services, and data applications while still allowing each to be used separately
We achieved great results together
Our long-term partnership has helped our client expand their business offerings and acquire new clients, including several reputable Dutch banks.
We helped ShareCompany:
- Strengthen the security layer that ensures authorized access to sensitive proprietary data
- Improve the web portal where customers manage subscriptions and settings
- Support notable financial data vendors ranging from banks and insurance companies to fund research companies
- Offer multilingual support for financial reports with market data