About the client
MCS Solutions, a Belgian company, provides an integrated workplace management system (IWMS) for Fortune Global 100 companies. MCS has 25 years of experience in the energy sector across 60+ countries and focuses on integrated real estate, facility, and workplace management software solutions for large organizations both public and private.
MCS came with the challenge
MCS has a suite of 20+ integrated cross-platform solutions for real estate energy management that they sell on the global market. The company pursues a strategy of continuous innovation to drive business growth. Among their top strategic challenges when they came to Intellias was enriching their platform with new facility energy management solutions in enterprise resource planning mobility. Our client needed a reliable team versed in Zend Server and Oracle DB technologies to enrich their enterprise-grade, cross-platform software suite and help them with development of an energy management system.
Our client also entrusted our team of experts with designing and developing an energy management solution that would harness the power of real-time data, big data analytics, and cloud computing.
Intellias developed the energy management software solutions
To overcome our client’s limited in-house development capacity and to scale up their engineering power, Intellias built a dedicated 60-member team in Lviv. Apart from R&D, business analysis, DevOps, development, quality control, and documentation, Intellias also shared responsibility for product ownership at peak periods during the entire energy management software development life cycle.
In order to boost the competitive advantage of our client’s IWMS platform, Intellias reworked half of the codebase to provide new software offerings, an effective approach to platform adoption, and custom development practices.
Intellias provided our client with
- A modular software platform for desktops, tablets, and smartphones
- Process automation capabilities for real estate and property management, contract and asset handling, meeting room reservations, reception desk and visitor logging, parking facility management, and energy management
- Extensive reporting functionality, from operational reporting to high-end management reporting and dashboards
- An ERP energy management solution that enables efficient collection, validation, normalization, visualization, and benchmarking of data, as well as efficient energy allocation and calculation of energy charges
We achieved great results together
By delegating development and team management to Intellias, our client was able to concentrate on their core tasks – bringing more business value with new products, caring for existing accounts, and promoting their products in new markets. Designed for large public and privately held organizations, our client’s software suite is marketed in over 60 countries and serves Fortune Global 100 companies including Toyota, ING Group, BNP Paribas, Siemens, BASF, and Panasonic.
We helped MCS
- Extend their global reach with new locations in the USA, Canada, and France to serve a user base of 1.5 million
- Get recognized as one of Belgium’s 50 fastest-growing technology companies with Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 award
- Revamp their software suite with new web applications for managing building performance with connected sensors
- Expand the mobility of employees, facility managers, operators, inspectors, and emergency response teams with new mobile applications
- Collect, store, and analyze up to 50,000 data points per second
- Increase options for historical metered usage to analyze data for energy demand planning and benchmarking
After years of cooperation, I’ve come to consider every employee from the Intellias team as one of our own, as a true MCS-ian.